Common Causes of Head Injuries
At the Law Office of Gary A. Zucker & Associates, P.C., our Brooklyn head injury attorneys handle the full range of traumatic brain injury and other head and neck injury cases, regardless of the cause. As long as the injury resulted from an accident caused by another party’s negligence, we have the resources, skill, and tenacity to present the strongest case possible, trying the case all the way to verdict if necessary. Due to the reputation of our personal injury attorneys as tough litigators and skilled negotiators, we are often able to resolve head injury cases favorably for our clients without even setting foot in a courtroom. However, we are always willing and able to present a compelling case to a judge and jury if it is in the best interests of our clients to do so. Ultimately, we know how to win head injury cases.
Typical Head Injury Causes
Serious head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries, skull fractures, and injuries to the neck, can result from a variety of accidents. While the most obvious causes involve a blow to the head or some other source of trauma, head injuries can also result from medical negligence, including the prescription of a dangerous drug. Our skilled and experienced brain injury attorneys handle head injury cases resulting from:
- Auto accidents: Car, truck, motorcycle, bicycle, and pedestrian accidents can cause serious head injuries due to the direct collision of the head with an object (whether it penetrates the skull or impacts it without penetrating it) or due to the brain coming into contact with the skull as a result of a sudden jolt forward or backward.
- Slip and fall accidents/unsafe premises accidents: When a person slips and falls or trips and falls due to unsafe conditions on someone’s property, the head can strike the ground, resulting in injury.
- Medical malpractice: Surgical errors, medication errors, failure to diagnose brain cancer or another condition of the head, and even slip and fall accidents that occur on hospital grounds can all lead to head injuries.
- Construction and other workplace accidents: Employees who work in dangerous work environments - especially those who operate heavy machinery or who are exposed to hazardous chemicals - are at risk for head injury.
- Use of defective products: Defective machinery, safety equipment, automotive products, and helmets and other protective headgear can cause serious head, neck, and brain injuries.
These are just a few of the most common types of accidents that can give rise to head injury litigation. There are, of course, many others, including animal attacks, violence that occurs due to inadequate security on a commercial property, preventable accidents during birth that lead to birth injuries such as cerebral palsy, and assault.
Whatever the cause of your head injury or the injury sustained by a member of your family, the personal injury lawyers of Gary A. Zucker & Associates, P.C. can provide you with exceptional, aggressive legal representation.
Learn More about Head Injury Litigation
To learn more about head injury litigation or to schedule an evaluation of your potential head injury claim, please contact our personal injury law firm today.