Secure Fair Compensation with the Help of an Auto Accident Lawyer
Ever since the horseless carriage was invented, Americans have loved their cars. We depend upon them to take us to the places we need and people we love, such as our offices and our homes. However, cars and motorcycles also present a very real danger to our health and safety; whether you are a driver or passenger in a car, or a pedestrian on the street, being injured by a motor vehicle is a daily possibility. Our car and motorcycle accident lawyers in Brooklyn have helped personal injury and wrongful death victims and their families receive justice. We have more than 30 years of practice, and have seen the damage auto accidents can do to the physical, emotional, and financial health of those involved. Contact our attorneys at Zucker & Regev, P.C. today to discuss your case with our experts.
Statistics: New York Auto Accidents
At Zucker & Regev, P.C., we believe that knowing the facts about where, when, and how auto accidents actually happen can help to prevent future injuries and wrongful deaths. We have compiled the most up-to-date statistics to keep you informed.
- The New York State Police estimate that 30 percent of all fatal crashes along the New York State Thruway occurred because the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
- In 2005, there were 1,429 traffic fatalities in New York. Of those, 37 percent (524 deaths) were alcohol-related, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Nearly one-third of Americans will experience an alcohol-related collision during their lifetime. (NHTSA, 2001)
- Motorcyclists accounted for approximately 11 percent of traffic fatalities in New York in 2005.
- About 30 percent of traffic fatalities in New York occur at intersections.
Receiving sound legal counsel is one of the most important steps to take in the wake of a collision. If you contact the car and motorcycle accident lawyers at our Brooklyn office today, we can begin reviewing the facts of your case immediately to determine the best course of action.
Video: Auto Accidents
Auto accident attorney Gary Zucker can help clients in Brooklyn, New York, navigate the legal obstacles following crashes. Because of the no-fault insurance law in New York, insurance companies are required to pay a substantial amount of medical expenses and lost earnings for those injured in an accident. The sooner you contact a law firm, the sooner they can ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve.
After an Auto Accident
We understand that auto accidents of all kinds pose a real threat to those involved. Even a seemingly minor fender-bender can cause chronic back and neck pain. A simple mistake can lead to rejected insurance claims and lost compensation. Below are some tips from our car accident lawyers that might prove crucial in the event of a collision:
- Seek immediate medical attention for yourself and any of your passengers; also, request that the occupants of the other vehicle receive a full medical checkup as well.
- If possible, contact the police or highway patrol. This ensures that there will be at least one irrefutable legal document of the incident.
- Even if you are uncertain, do not claim fault.
- Do not give or sign any statements for your insurance company or the other driver’s insurance company.
- If possible, take pictures of the scene, damage to the vehicles, and physical injuries for your records.
- Do not accept any checks at the scene of the collision.
- Get in touch with Zucker & Regev, P.C. right away.
We know how to handle auto accidents and the big insurance companies who refuse the legitimate claims of accident victims.
Contact Our Auto Accident Lawyers in Brooklyn
One of the worst mistakes that accident victims make is thinking that they are guaranteed to receive adequate coverage from insurance companies and the responsible parties. Unfortunately, this is often not the case. If you or a family member have been injured in a car or motorcycle accident, contact our attorneys in Brooklyn today. We will fight to achieve the maximum compensation you deserve, so that you can focus on putting your life back together.