Secure Fair Compensation with the Help of an Auto Accident Lawyer
Ever since the horseless carriage was invented, Americans have loved their cars. We depend upon them to take us to the places we need and people we love, such as our offices and our homes. However, cars and motorcycles also present a very real danger to our health and safety; whether you are a driver or passenger in a car, or a pedestrian on the street, being injured by a motor vehicle is a daily possibility. Our car and motorcycle accident lawyers in Brooklyn have helped personal injury and wrongful death victims and their families receive justice. We have more than 30 years of practice, and have seen the damage auto accidents can do to the physical, emotional, and financial health of those involved. Contact our attorneys at Zucker & Regev, P.C. today to discuss your case with our experts.
Statistics: New York Auto Accidents
At Zucker & Regev, P.C., we believe that knowing the facts about where, when, and how auto accidents actually happen can help to prevent future injuries and wrongful deaths. We have compiled the most up-to-date statistics to keep you informed.
- The New York State Police estimate that 30 percent of all fatal crashes along the New York State Thruway occurred because the driver fell asleep at the wheel.
- In 2005, there were 1,429 traffic fatalities in New York. Of those, 37 percent (524 deaths) were alcohol-related, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
- Nearly one-third of Americans will experience an alcohol-related collision during their lifetime. (NHTSA, 2001)
- Motorcyclists accounted for approximately 11 percent of traffic fatalities in New York in 2005.
- About 30 percent of traffic fatalities in New York occur at intersections.
Receiving sound legal counsel is one of the most important steps to take in the wake of a collision. If you contact the car and motorcycle accident lawyers at our Brooklyn office today, we can begin reviewing the facts of your case immediately to determine the best course of action.