Dangers of Turnpike Car Accidents
Turnpikes and highways were designed to get drivers to their destination faster and more conveniently. While these roads do provide a shortcut for commuters, they are often congested with traffic. The large number of travelers, increased speeds, and road debris are just some hazards that increase the risk of a turnpike car accident.
When turnpike car accidents occur, they tend to result in catastrophic injuries and damages. Auto accident lawyers at Zucker & Regev, P.C. have seen how turnpike collisions impact their Brooklyn, NY, clients. Our legal team is prepared to work on behalf of turnpike accident victims to pursue the compensation they are due for crash damages.
What Sets Turnpike Car Accidents Apart?
Regardless of where a car accident takes place, it has the potential to cause severe damages, including catastrophic personal injuries. However, due to the design and operation of turnpikes and highways, there are some things that set turnpike car accidents apart from those that take place on other types of roads. Some of the key factors that can make turnpike car accidents more complex than others include:
- Increased traffic, which makes multi-car accidents more likely
- High speeds of travel, which makes it difficult for drivers and witnesses to see what caused the accident
- Complex road designs and conditions, which could mean that local agencies share liability for an accident
- Debris in the road that can contribute to or worsen the effects of a car accident
- High presence of large commercial trucks
- Greater risk of catastrophic or fatal injuries
Common Causes of Turnpike Car Accidents
No two collisions are exactly alike, but many share similarities. When it comes to turnpike car accidents, some of the most common causations we see are:
- Driving at excessive speeds
- Aggressive driving
- Driving while distracted
- Driving under the influence
- Vehicle malfunctions
- Poor road conditions
- Poorly designed exit and entrance ramps
Turnpike car accidents tend to be complex, but our Brooklyn lawyers work with experts in the field to determine what caused a crash so that liable parties can be held accountable for resulting damages.
Turnpike Accident Damages
Turnpike car accidents often take place at high speeds, which means the impact of a collision is greater. As a result, turnpike car accidents can result in serious or catastrophic injuries, and possibly fatalities. Car accident lawyers at Zucker & Regev, P.C. work on behalf of our Brooklyn clients to pursue compensation for the full extent of accident damages, which is likely to include:
- Medical expenses
- Anticipated cost of ongoing medical treatment or rehabilitation
- Pain and suffering
- Lost wages
- Loss of wage earning potential
In the event that a turnpike crash is fatal, our lawyers can work with surviving family members to pursue wrongful death damages, which may include:
- Lost source of income
- Lost benefits
- Funeral and burial expenses
- Loss of consortium
Contact Zucker & Regev, P.C.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a turnpike car accident, the lawyers at Zucker & Regev, P.C. can help you hold liable parties accountable for damages. To discuss the details of your crash and learn your best course of legal action, contact our law firm online, or call (718) 624-1211 to schedule a consultation.